OUR SCHOOL VISION
“Learning and Achieving Together in a Caring Community‟
In April 2016 we invited all stakeholders ; pupils, parents teachers, support staff and governors, to review our schools' 'Vision and Ethos ' We asked them to share their ideas, to help us to review our schools' 'Vision and Ethos' , as part of the whole school community . Each of the stakeholder groups agreed values and approaches which they felt are essential to capturing what makes Ann Edwards Primary School successful ; historically, currently and in the future.
What makes Ann Edwards Primary School , Ann Edwards Primary School !
All of the responses are represented in Wordles below :-
These ideas were then merged to produce one final ' Vision and Ethos' Wordle ( shown at the top of the page.) This reflects all of our views together. The similarities between stakeholders responses clearly showed a very distinctive shared set of key values and shows our collective overriding commitment to:- Inclusion, Respect , Support , Achievement , Nurture and a Happy learning environment.
These are expanded on in more detail below:-
- To create a happy, welcoming and effective school with a broad, balanced and exciting curriculum in which every person can become a thinking, active and responsive member of society whilst developing their abilities and talents to the full. We believe that the whole curriculum should reflect the nature of the diverse society in which we live and contribute to the social, moral, spiritual and cultural development of each child.
- To demonstrate a commitment to Christian beliefs and values which are reflected in the daily life and ethos of the school and in the importance we place on the act of collective worship as a means of promoting Christian values. In our school, people will treat each other with respect, loyalty, trust, honesty and compassion.
- To create a 'can do' culture in which everyone, children and adults, wants to be involved in learning, is inspired to 'have a go' is motivated to aim for high standards and achieve their best. We believe that school must be an exciting, challenging place where every person feels empowered and fulfilled.
- All parents will be fully involved in working in partnership with the school to ensure that children are happy, confident and able to achieve their best. Governors will be fully engaged in promoting the interests of the pupils and the school. Through teamwork and co-operation we will achieve our aims.
OUR SCHOOL AIMS
We will work towards realising our vision by:
- Encouraging and motivating all pupils to develop a desire to learn and an enthusiasm to come to school.
- Encouraging pupils to be involved in their learning and to strive for high standards in all aspects of the curriculum.
- Having high expectations of all pupils and acknowledging their efforts and successes.
- Providing a stimulating, orderly and secure environment, that promotes purposeful learning and equal opportunities for all pupils.
- Encouraging all pupils and staff to appreciate and value each other and to take pride in their own and others‟ achievements.
- Developing in pupils a sense of confidence and self-worth; respect for other people, for property and the environment.
- Developing social awareness, teamwork and good interpersonal skills.
- Establishing productive relationships with parents where effective communication promotes a partnership for learning.
- Providing a daily act of worship to allow pupils to reflect on the Christian values promoted by the school.